Second Century Stewardship
107 years our National Park System and Service have been in existence.
300 million annual visits to America's national parks—more than MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLS games combined!
1,000,000+ people reached by #ParkScience stories.
3,000+ students engaged in Second Century Stewardship research.
- Awarded 20 research fellowships in Acadia National Park and published a report on the importance of early-career scientists to the National Park System.
- Fostered new insights to inform park management.
- Delivered 10 science communication and 7 citizen science workshops across the country in partnership with 60+ National Park Service units and partners.
- Advanced a community of practice for science communication and engagement in national parks.
- Shared stories of science in national parks with more than a million people.
- Engaged thousands of students and citizen volunteers in park research.
Building on this success, in 2023 Schoodic Institute will continue to support talented scientists doing innovative, management-relevant research with the new Acadia Science Fellowship.